Supporting the ECHO Shelter
El Camino Homeless Organization provides food and shelter to homeless people in North County. Other services include counseling, resume writing, housing search, laundry services, showers, etc.
Hearts & Hands Sacred Team
We are a Sacred Team of Awakening Ways Spiritual Community members that is committed to serving the Divine through Service.
Awakening Ways Hearts & Hands Team members meet once a month (third Friday of the month). We start with an optional “bag” lunch at noon at the AWSC offices followed by our meeting from 1-2:30 pm. We also pray for and the support each other.
We work closely with AWSC Leaders to provide the following:
- Organize the Sunday snacks by signing up volunteers to bring food.
- Each Sunday one of our team is the “Information Person” arriving early to welcome newcomers, show them around, hand out Guest Packets and answer questions they might have.
- Follow up with those in our Spiritual community who are ill, in the hospital, absent from service for a period of time, experiencing loss or other times of need.
- Make phone calls, offer food to those who are home bound, send cards and otherwise extend friendship and support.
- Refer anyone who asks for prayer work to the Ministers and Practitioners.
We connect Awakening Ways Spiritual Community with the larger San Luis Obispo County community:
- Collect donations for the local food bank and / or Loaves & Fishes.
- Collect used clothing and shoes for NCI, an organization that trains disabled people trough their thrift shops.
- Provide Resource Envelopes for the Needy, in which a donation or gift card may be placed along with a list of local food banks and shelters.
- Provide a “Needs & Offerings” board for our Spiritual community.
For more information about joining the Highway 101 Clean-Up team, please call our office at 805 46-0762.